Thursday, December 16, 2010

Merry Christmas


I absolutely love everything about Christmas.  The beautiful lights, picking out that perfect gift for someone, receiving Christmas cards, writing personal notes on each card I send out, being with family, baking, decorating the entire house, the cold weather and celebrating the birth of Jesus. 

Christmas was also my mothers favorite time of the year.  I miss her through out the year but especially right now.  I guess it has more to do with change and than anything else.  How I loved going to her home to help her decorate, wrap presents, writing Christmas cards and bake cookies.  As time has passed and my kids have gotten older this particular holiday gets tougher.  Jessica has her own life now and this will be the first year that she will not be at home Christmas morning.  It just won't be the same without her here.  I am fortunate because Justin is still at home and I also have Rob along with Sampson (whom I consider another child).  Change is hard and I guess I will have to start new traditions.

One tradition that was started after Mom's passing was having most of my family coming to my house on Christmas day.  I thank each of them for taking time out of this busy day to spend time with me.  They will never know just how much it means to me to have them with me.  This year there will be 19 people at my house and I couldn't be happier.  I am really looking forward to my oldest sister and Dad joining us this year.  The only one missing is my youngest brother, Dino.  Maybe one day he will be able to join us.

I hope that each and everyone of you have a Blessed Christmas. 

Love,
Tearesa

No comments:

Post a Comment