Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving 2012


As I sit here on the couch drinking a glass of wine watching the news on Thanksgiving Eve I am reflecting on all the many things that I am so fortunate to have in my life. In the past 12 days I have tried to post something on facebook each day about the things that I thankful for. These are just a few of them because I couldn't begin to list everything because there are just so many. I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams. No words can ever describe just how grateful I am for the family & friends that I have in my life. Each of you help me make it through the good & bad times. God has placed some pretty special people in my life and I just could not imagine what my life would be without you.  Not sure what 2012 is going to bring but whatever it is I know that God will be with me and will guide me in which path to take.
‎1 - The most important thing I'm thankful for is that Jesus Christ is my Savior. Also that God gave us his son. Without them I would be nothing. Praising him every single day.

‎2 - I am so thankful for my husband, Robert Jay Hudson. The day he came into our lives was one of the best blessings from God for me & my 2 children. Even though he could have walked away & chosen an easier way of life he chose to come into a ready-made family and love 2 children as if they were his. This man has given so much of himself to take care of his family. After 15 years I love him more than ever. Rob you are my rock and help keep me grounded in this crazy world.

‎3 - I'm thankful that I was chosen to be the mother to my beautiful daughter, Jessica. I couldn't be more proud of the young woman you have become & it just warms my heart to watch you being such a wonderful mother. We have had some bumps in the road but we have been able to overcome them. I love bring your mom baby girl.

‎4 - I'm thankful that God blessed me to be the mother to an amazing young man, Justin Abbott. Couldn't be more proud of the man he is becoming. Looking forward to seeing all his dreams come true. I love you buddy.

‎5 - I'm thankful for my sweet granddaughter, Brooklyn Grace. This little girl has stolen her Granny's heart. I hope I can be half the Granny that my Mom was to her grand kids. So looking forward to watching her grow & spoiling her rotten.

‎6 - I'm thankful to my brother in law, Mike and sister, Carman L Smith for taking such great care of my father. Mike is the main care taker and we as a family couldn't have asked for anyone better than Mike. I love you both but even more for your tireless efforts.

‎7 - I'm thankful for my 4 siblings. Once my mother passed away 10 years ago it seems that we lost our way as a family. Now that we are all getting older I am finding the need to reconnect with them and build a closer relationship with each of them. For the last few months I have enjoyed getting together & reconnecting with my oldest sister, Wendy S. Adams. Looking forward to getting together in the future and having great conversations. Can't thank my other sister Carman L Smith for the many conversations throughout the years. Just having you to listen and guide me has been so reassuring. Don't get to see my oldest brother, Ricky C Lowrimore but a few times a year. However, what time I do get to spend with him is so rewarding. It seems the one that I have the hardest time connecting with is the baby of the family, Dino. No matter what kind of relationship we have, I will always love him and wish him nothing but the best in life. Thank you to each of you for helping shape me into who I am today. I love each of you.

‎8 - I'm thankful for my niece, Crystal Gibson & her family. Wished we lived closer so I could see them more often. She is a great Mom and her kids, Cory, Savannah & Hannah are some of the best kids you will ever meet. Looking forward to spending time with them at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Even though I don't get to see my other nieces & nephews much, I love each of them and wish we could all get together more often.

‎9 - Thankful that God gave the gift of knowledge & healing to doctors & nurses along with 24 hour pharmacies. My sweet Brooklyn has an ear infection & hasn't been her usual happy self since yesterday. Getting her some antibiotics to make her feel better.

‎10 - I'm thankful for my baby Sampson. Love coming home to him every day because he is always waiting at the front door for me. His love is unconditional. He has been having seizures lately so he is off to the vet today. Praying it isn't anything serious because I love this little doggie so much & can't imagine him not being in our life.

‎11 - I'm thankful that I have a job. Absolutely love my co-workers, bottlers & customers. When it gets so insane, these are the people that keep me sane and level headed. Not sure what the future holds but the last 23 years has helped shaped who I am today.

‎12 - I'm thankful for great neighbors Dane G. Henderson, Meg A. Henderson, Seth, & Doli. They are not just neighbors but will always be a part of our family. The moment we meet them we knew they were going to be special to us. In addition to them we also have other wonderful neighbors that have been here with us for the past 20 years. Having wonderful neighbors makes a home more than just a home but a place to look forward to coming to each day.

13 - I'm thankful for my in-laws, Roy & Linda Hudson. Couldn't ask for a better farther & mother in-law. They welcomed me & my kids into their lives with open arms. Even though they are not my kid’s biological grandparents, they consider them their grandparents. I couldn't love two people more. Thank you for loving us unconditional.

Love,
T-

No comments:

Post a Comment