Monday, May 16, 2011

Many Blessings...

The last two weekends have been busy but so full of many blessings. 

Last weekend on Saturday I walked at Southern Wesleyan University which is located in Central, SC for my BSBA.  I was fortunate to have by husband, daughter, son, Ally and wonderful in-laws Roy & Linda there to share this joyous occasion with me.  Now I just have to decide what my next steps are.  Gonna take some time off for the summer to enjoy it and saying a daily prayer for guidance in the career department.  I have faith that God will put me exactly where he wants me to be.  Also considering going for my Master's degree in the fall.  Again, I am putting my future all in God's hands because I know he will not guide me wrong.  Lastly, I am truly going to miss all 16 of my classmates that I have grown to care so much about in the last 2 years. Micha, Lynda, Alica, Steven, Michelle, Curtis, Shirley, Mary M, Stephanie, Paul, Stacy, Natasha, Dave, Renee, Mary A & especially Jason.  I wish each of you lots of luck in your future endeavors.



Mother's Day is always special but I can't help but think of my Mother.  Not a day goes by that I don't miss her and it would always make my day to try to make this day a special one for her.  This year both of my wonderful children spent the entire day with me which in itself is a gift to me especially now that they are young adults with their own lives.  Rob & the kids surprised me with a Nook color.  I absolutely love it and looking so forward to taking full advantage of it with the free time I am hoping to have now that I am done with school.  Next years Mother's day will be extra special because I will be a grandmother to a beautiful baby girl.

This Saturday we were invited to a graduation party for one of my classmates, Jason.  We had such a wonderful time.  His family made us feel so welcome.  Let's put it this way, I felt so at home I even did karaoke which I have never done.  Thanks to the Dull family for hosting such a great event. 


On Sunday we went to our nieces, Emma Kate's dedication at church.  She did so well and looked so pretty in her dress.  It meant so much to me & Rob to be a part of this wonderful experience.  I am so proud of her Mom for raising her to know God in a personal way.  Sometimes God has a way of showing us just how amazing he is at the most unexpected times.  Sunday was one of these days.  The preacher spoke the truth about a difficult subject for some but it was so inspiring and touched my heart.  I was praising the lord the entire time.  An angel also came across my path on this blessed day.  She knew just what to say at just the right time.  My heart was touched by the preacher but was warmed by the angel.  He knew just what I needed and it just made my faith in him so much stronger

I want to close by sharing the following scripture.

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. - Ephesians 4:32


Tearesa





1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for being there on Emma Kate's special day. We were so happy to have you and Rob there! And to our church :)

    ReplyDelete