Friday, May 27, 2011

The Past...

My new car has satellite radio and I have fallen in love with it.  The reason I love it is because I don't listen to music, only talk radio. The only time I listen to music (country) is when there is nothing on free radio.  Years ago Dr. Laura was on one of the local AM radio stations and I loved to listen to her.  No, I don't agree with everything she has to say but allot of her stuff makes sense.

Today I was off so I was running errands and listening to Dr. Laura on XM radio.  She made a comment or more like a statement to someone that really struck a cord with me.  "Don't let your past control your future".  How true is this!!  I know so many people that let their past determine what or how they live their life today.  I look at this as only an excuse to not take control of your life.  Yes, everyone has had something bad happen to them at some point, (divorce, something from childhood, a bad relationship, etc) but if we allow them to control how we live our lives today, then we have let that situation control you.  You are the only that can control your destiny!!!

So many things have happened to me in my 42 years here on earth, both good and bad.  I am determined to learn by them all and make my life the best it can be.  I can't do anything about the past.  If I have wronged anyone by my actions or words, I am truly sorry and I ask for your forgiveness.  All I can do at this time is try to be the best I can be whether it is a a wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend or even an enemy. 

I'm closing with this passage from the bible:

Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,   Philippians 3:13


Tearesa

No comments:

Post a Comment