Saturday, July 3, 2010

My Hubby

My husband is my rock.  We have been married for 11 years and have been together 13 years.  Do we have a perfect marriage, no but I think it is a pretty good one.  We meet on AOL IM because I share the same name with his mother.  He came into a ready made family and adjusted very well.  My kids loved him immediately.  I was the lucky one between us.  There have been times that he has kept me sane when I thought I would lose my mind.  On our first date I told him that if he wanted children that he needed to move on because I did not see any more children in my life.  At the time he said that he never wanted children and that it would not be a problem.  However, once we married he realized that he did want children.  Unfortunately I had my tubes tied at a early age and after the birth of my second child.  There have been discussions about trying to adopt or getting my tubes untied.  However, I did not feel it was in the best interest of our current family to pursue either of those.  Now that the kids are grown and I always put them first, we are now having second thoughts about that decision many years ago.  Having an empty house is hard at 41.  Many of our friends that are the same age have young children.  It is hard.  Fortunately we have found a new love for one another.  Our love has grown more in the last 2 years than ever before.  I appreciate him more now than I did ever before.  I have always put him behind my kids and my mother.  My mother passed away 8 years ago and then he moved to 2nd place.  Now that the kids are grown and find their own in life, he has moved to 1st place.  I am lucky that he accepted this and waited patiently for this placement.  Rob, you are my rock, soul mate, best friend and lover.  I only see our marriage getting stronger with age.  Thank you for all you do and have done for me and our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment