Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Never take things for granted.

Yesterday there was an accident in town on a road that my daughter travels often and a person was killed. Today I learned it was a beautiful 21 year old young lady. Learning of this was so heartbreaking. I cannot imagine what her family is going through. My children have always been my life and the thought of something happening to one of them is my worst nightmare. Why did this one accident affect me more than normal? Maybe it is because my daughter is 22, just a year older than this young woman.

People take so many things for granted. Tomorrow is never promised to any of us and hearing this horrible news made me realize just how precious our time on earth is. I am sure that this young lady thought she had the world in her arms and her mother had so many dreams for her. I am a Christian and am not scared of death because I know what is waiting on me one day in the heaven above. However, just the thought of one of my children going before me is so hard to think about. Cannot tell you how many times I have told both of them that they should always think about everything they say or do. There may come a time when you say or do something that cannot be taken back because the person you hurt may not be here when you are ready to say you are sorry.

I have the family of Sarah Anne Marriner in my thoughts and prayers. May the strength of GOD be with you during this most difficult time. To all of my family, friends, co-works, acquaintances and everyone that I know, I love you all. If I have every hurt you in any way. I am sorry.  Give your loved ones a tighter hug today or tell them you love them one more time because in a instant our world can change.

GOD bless everyone.
Tearesa

No comments:

Post a Comment